My lunch today was a whole wheat noodle bowl with grilled chicken and veggies, with a ginger sesame dressing #yum…
I think I might have an addiction to noodle bowls. If there’s a 12 step program please leave me out of it! I see them on Instagram and Pinterest and I just drool. I’ve been craving one like crazy this week and after searching and searching here’s another one I came up with today.
Be careful with the salt, or you’ll wind up with very salty chicken, yuck! My measurements are not precise, but pretty darn close. This made one very large bowl (I have leftovers), or two servings. Feel free to change up the veggies! I did grill the veggies and believe it or not the broccoli was frozen but grilled beautifully. I grilled everything on my indoor, stovetop grill.
Grilled Chicken Noodle Bowl
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
- salt and pepper (just enough to lightly sprinkle on the chicken)
- 1 chicken breast (boneless skinless)
- 1/2 tsp dried basil (enough to sprinkle on chicken)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- sesame seeds
- 4 baby carrots
- handful of broccoli crowns
- 1 tsp. low sodium soy sauce
- Naturally Fresh brand Ginger Dressing
- whole wheat spaghetti noodles (I like Mueller's)
- Sprinkle chicken breast very lightly with salt and pepper, basil and ground ginger on both sides and place on a hot grill. Grill on medium heat till done. While chicken is cooking, get chicken broth boiling in a pot. When it’s boiling add noodles and a shake or two of ginger. Cook till noodles are done and have absorbed most of the liquid. If your noodles aren’t done yet and need more liquid add more broth or a little water.
- Put broccoli and carrots on the grill just to get a few grill marks and then you can add them to the pot the noodles are cooking in after you slice the carrots. I sliced mine diagonally so they looked prettier.
When chicken is done, pour a little bit of soy sauce on each side and grill for 5 minutes longer and then remove to let it rest about 5 minutes, then slice thin. Add noodles with veggies in a bowl. Top with sesame seeds and toss with about 3 tsp. of dressing and toss. Top with chicken.