My daughter has an all weekend softball tournament and I’ve been wracking my brain trying to figure out what to bring for snacks and lunch so we don’t have to spend a lot of money eating out and on concessions. I don’t know why this has been such a difficult thing! I wanted stuff that was fairly easy to pack, would be good in a cooler and not a plain old pb&j, although there is nothing wrong with a pb&j, I’m just not in the mood. He! he! After much deliberation and researching picnic ideas, I decided to go with something we eat frequently at home. I’m just going to pack a portable version. Here is the menu for tomorrow and the recipe for my Grilled Chicken Wraps. They are so good!
- Blueberry Muffins (We cheated and Emily made these from a mix we had in the cabinet, but who cares? They are yummy!)
- Veggies (Cucumbers, broccoli, and carrots, which we put in a special container that has a freezable ring in the lid and a center section for the dip.)
- Ranch Dip (Sour cream and a Hidden Valley Ranch packet)
- Grilled Chicken Wraps
- Lots of stuff to snack on like: Lance Cracker packs, chips, etc. Plus lots of water and some Capri Suns.
Grilled Chicken Wraps
- Chicken tenders defrosted I usually use 2 per person depending on the size of the tender.
- Salt and pepper
- Onion Powder
- Zesty Italian Dressing
This is so simple! Sprinkle your tenders with the salt, pepper and onion powder. Then put tenders in a ziplock bag and pour on the dressing making sure to toss the tenders so that each one gets covered. Let them marinate in the fridge for at least one hour, but overnight is best. You can either cook them in a pan on the stove top, bake them in the oven, or put them on the grill. Grilled is my favorite. Cook till just about done, then pour on a little more dressing and cook for 5 minutes more on each side. Remove and let rest for about 5 minutes.
I'll be putting our chicken tenders all wrapped up in tinfoil and in an insulated bag. I'm hoping they will stay warm. Then at the park, we'll get out the wraps and dress them with the chicken, shredded lettuce, ranch dressing or honey mustard. Add your favorite veggies or cheese to the wrap. Red peppers go great with this! Roll up and eat! So good and so healthy! Alternate ideas: Serve chicken warm on top of your favorite salad or with your favorite side dish. Yum!