So, after 29 years of marriage, it’s time for a kitchen overhaul. I really need to throw myself a kitchen shower or even a housewarming party, but that would be kinda tacky wouldn’t it? So instead of throwing myself a shower, and spending all kinds of money on a party, I’ve just been slowly making a list of all the things that need to be replaced, things I’m missing and some new gadgets and pretty things that I’d just love to have.
I started doing this last Fall, slowly replacing a few things here and there and there have been a few items that I’ve gotten so far that I’m not sure how I’ve been cooking without them. So here are some of my new, favorite things that I’ve bought or been gifted for our kitchen.
- Crockpot Express Crock – How have I survived all these years without a pressure cooker? I know, because I was terrified to have one! Remember your grandmother telling you they would explode? I do! But these are like magic! I use mine on average at least once or twice a week and no explosions!! https://goto.target.com/KGDMA
- Chrissy Teigen Cast Iron Pan – I’m absolutely in love with this cast iron pan. It’s huge! I almost need a bridge burner for my stove to fit this. It’s bigger than any cast iron pan that I’ve seen, which is great because we are a family of five and sometimes it can be difficult to find things to cook in when you need to make large batches. It cooks like a dream and has two handles which are great because cast iron is heavy and I’m a wimp!
- Chrissy Teigen Skillets – I’m noticing a pattern here. We’ve had a tendency to go through frying pans/skillets like crazy at my house. Mostly during those years when my kids were learning to cook and my hubby kept sticking them in the dishwasher. Oh well. Now it’s time for some new ones and I finally found ones that I really like. Nothing sticks to them and I went with a neutral color so they will always match my kitchen. https://goto.target.com/QX5MM
- Grill Pan from Ikea – I am on my second one of these! We literally wore the first one out! These are so great. We are the crazy people who will grill outside with snow on the ground, but when you don’t want to fire up the grill this thing is great! https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50055085/
- Dutch Oven from Lodge – I have never had a dutch oven until Mother’s Day of this year. I didn’t know what I was missing out on until my hubby got me one. It’s pretty amazing! Not to mention it cooks like a dream. I love making stews in and it’s great for when we want to deep fry. https://goto.target.com/QX5MM
- Instant Pot Air Fryer Vortex – This is something I literally swore I would not buy. I thought they were gimmicky when they first came out. So I’ve waited to see if they would stick around and not be a passing fad. So Target had given me a $40 coupon and I decided to buy one after Christmas. I could slap myself for waiting to buy one. It’s worth it for the french fries alone! This thing is crazy! I love how it cooks and I’m looking forward to learning new recipes for it. My oldest daughter has used it more than anyone for quick lunches and still can’t believe I waited so long to buy one. Send me your air fryer recipes to try! https://goto.target.com/QLoBA
There are some honorable mentions that I’ve bought recently too, new baking sheets in various sizes and a new 24 count cupcake/muffin baking tin. I can finally bake 24 cupcakes all at once! Needless to say, I’ve been purging old stuff and reorganizing to make room for the new stuff. But, it’s long overdue that I replace things that are old and worn out and get some new things to make life a little easier. We’re worth it, right? Yes, we are! So what about you? It’s the new year, out with the old and in with the new.