Ok, ever since Panera started advertising their chicken noodle bowl, I’ve been dying to try one. Problem is…
I never have time to get there, and today I had a teeny, tiny stomach bug. I started craving a chicken noodle bowl and I’ve never had one! How does that happen? Really great advertising on their part I’d say! So I started a little Pinterest research, looked into my pantry and made one using the leftovers I had on hand, like yesterday’s grilled chicken and it was delish! I still don’t know what Panera’s noodle bowls taste like, and it doesn’t even matter because this was so good!
And the best part, I used what I had on hand and it took around 2o minutes or so. I didn’t really time it because it tasted so good, I forgot! I didn’t measure the seasonings exactly so start small and adjust, being careful to go easy with the oyster and soy sauce. Doesn’t that make you hungry?
Quick & Easy Chicken Noodle Bowl
- 1 pack ramen noodles discard flavor packet
- 3 cups chicken broth depending on how much broth you want
- 2 Tbsp. finely diced onion
- 3 baby carrots sliced thin
- handful baby spinach with stems removed
- 1 small thinly sliced pre-cooked chicken breast mine had been grilled and was sprinkled with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders
- 1 red pepper julienned (I used 10 strips)
- 4 dashes garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 -2 Tsp. soy sauce low sodium if you want to control the salt
- 2-3 dashes ground ginger
- 1-2 dashes pepper
- 1-2 dashes sriracha sauce
Pour chicken broth in a pot on high and let boil. Add onions and peppers and carrots. Let boil for about 10 minutes or until carrots are tender. Add ramen noodles and stir occasionally. Add seasonings and stir. Taste and adjust to your liking. Everything should blend together. You should taste the soy sauce/oyster sauce but they should not overpower. If you really like heat add more sriracha sauce! I allowed it to cook for about 15 minutes on medium to reduce the broth and let the flavors come together. When everything has been added and the noodles are done, then add the spinach and let cook until spinach is just wilted. It's done!