“This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.”
Do you love or hate spring cleaning? For me, it depends on the year. Some years are better than others. I think it depends on how I did cleaning during the rest of the year and how much repair there’s going to be this year. One thing is for sure, you have to have really good tools to make a difference in anything you do and spring cleaning isn’t any different. If you want your house to sparkle, and you want to do it quicker and easier, you need good tools.
Why waste money on lousy tools? My husband has gotten on to me over the past several years about this. He keeps reminding me, that if I need it, get it. If it will make the job easier, get it. If it will make the job faster, get it. Stop wasting money on things that are cheap. Now he doesn’t mean go out and buy the most expensive thing I can find. No, he means to buy things that do what they say they will do and not break after a few uses. So I’ve been trying to do that this year and with spring cleaning time here, I thought I’d share some of the tools that I’ve used over the years and a few new ones that have really made a difference for me.
10 Spring Cleaning Tools I Absolutely Love
- OXO GG Extendable Tub & Tile Scrubber – I love this! I’m short (5′ 3 1/2″) so cleaning the tub is awful. Plus, I’ve had back issues literally my whole life and one of the worst things for me is cleaning the tub and shower. I can’t reach anything! But with this, I can reach it all! Plus it really does scrub and I can make the handle as long or short as I need. It’s amazing!
- Windex with vinegar – I’m picky about glass cleaning products and so far this one is my favorite. Plus, the vinegar helps with any lingering scents (I have 4 pets). Plus it doesn’t streak and it leaves my windows, mirrors, and other surfaces sparkling.
- XL Swiffer – I think I’m on my second one of these because I wore the first one out after several years of use. I love it! It takes less time to clean the floors since it’s longer and I think it’s sturdier than the regular one. Plus if you need to wipe down walls it won’t take nearly as long.
- Bubble Up- This is a new one for me. I actually found it at the Target Dollar Spot! I’d been looking at them on Instagram for months and I’m so glad I found one. I like it because it’s cut back on how much dish soap I’m using and the scrubber really cleans my dishes.
- Method Wood Cleaner- This cleaner is not only great for spring cleaning but every day. It does a fantastic job at cleaning wood, especially our kitchen table. It makes it look really nice, smells great and it won’t harm our pets.
- Old English Furniture Polish – This is an oldie but a goodie. It can also be a little messy, but so worth it in the end. Our kitchen table has tons of scratches thanks to our cats and years of use but this product helps to hide them and makes our table shine again. This is great for spring cleaning because this isn’t a product you’d want to use daily, but every once in a while. I love how it makes our furniture look.
- Swiffer Dusters – From cobwebs to dusting shelves these are great! I love how they trap everything. I use these all year round and not just spring cleaning. But they do make spring cleaning easier! We have tons of pet hair and ceiling fans in almost every room, so these are great!
- O Cedar Angled Broom – Find a broom you really like and it will make a huge difference. I just found this particular broom a couple of months ago and I may never buy a different one. You know you’re an adult when you get excited about a broom! This one actually does a great job. It really gets into the corners of our old house and the dustpan has these knobs on the side that you can use to clean the broom. Perfect for when you have a whole with 4 women with long hair and 4 pets that shed like crazy.
- Mrs. Meyer’s – So I love everything Mrs. Meyer’s. I love the scents, and that they won’t harm anything. But I really love how they clean. I clean almost everything in my kitchen with this cleaner, even my cabinets and it does a great job.
- Swiffer Super Extender Duster – Where has this been my whole life? I just bought one a few weeks ago and being a short girl, this is a game-changer. I can clean ceiling fans, cobwebs, tops of bookcases, you name it. It is wonderful! It traps dust like a boss! You have to have one of these to dust your ceilings and light fixtures.
Having the right tools for spring cleaning is a must and makes the job easier, quicker and maybe even a little more enjoyable. What are some of your must-have cleaning tools that I need to add to my collection? Do you have any that you absolutely love? Let me know! If you’d like to purchase any of these, just click on any image in the Shop The Post below.
Shop The Post
Looking for more spring cleaning inspiration? Check out these links!