Believe it or not, I’ve not really done much decorating for the 4th of July before. Maybe a flag hung outside at the front door, but that’s about it. I’m not sure why I haven’t done more but this year I decided to do a little more than just hang the flag outside.
I decided to dress up my kitchen table for the holiday and make it very patriotic. But I didn’t really have a lot of money to spend. So the first thing I did was shop my own house for anything that would work. I actually had some neat things that would work! I did buy a few things, but I did this simple tablescape for about $5. Here’s how I did it!
- The tablecloth and candle are from the Dollar Tree ~ $2
- The candlestick is from Hobby Lobby ~ $3.50 on clearance!!!!!
- The Coca-Cola salt and pepper shakers were a gift from my hubby a few months ago.
- The doily was a wedding gift from 23 years ago (from Neiman Marcus!)
- The flags I already had and honestly I think my aunt gave them to me.
- The white bottles are actually Starbucks bottles that I painted white on the inside. If you flip them around you can see the word milk painted on them like an old-fashioned milk bottle. They’re from a baby shower.
I love how it turned out! So simple and relaxed, but pretty and patriotic. You don’t have to spend a lot of money on your decorations for them to be fabulous. Look at what you already own, and with a little inspiration from Pinterest, you can fill in where you need to with a simple purchase or two. Today I may go and find some bunting to use as curtain toppers! Hobby Lobby is having a 66% off sale!
Have a wonderful Fourth of July! Share with me how you’re decorating for America’s birthday!