I used outdoor acrylic paint by Yard and Garden and painted them. I gave them two good coats of paint. Then I took Super Glue and glued the bottoms together.
Next I tried to freehand the monogram, but that didn’t work too well thanks to my puppy. He kept bumping into my knee the whole time I was trying to draw it. It was like a game to him! “Did I make you mess up? Ha ha ha!” I didn’t think it was too funny! But, I beat him at his own game and made my own stencil out of cardstock and my printer. Take that puppy!
Next of course came the dirt and flowers! Don’t forget to plug up the hole in the top pot or your dirt will just wash out. I planted hot pink Zinnias and Creeping Jenny in the monogram pots. In the other pots I have hot pink Lupine (I think that’s what it is!) and some more Creeping Jenny. I’m going to get more flowers this weekend to fill out the pots more. They look a little droopy due to NC summer heat today, but after some water and rain they should perk up.
The nice thing about the color I chose is it won’t matter what color of flowers I use or what season it is. Everything will match! My husband really liked how they turned out! That is huge!
You can also see my next project hanging on the door. It’s not finished yet. I just wanted to get an idea of what it will look like and which direction I want to go with the wreath (an old picture frame). More about that tomorrow!
I think I might get some more clay pots and paint them Tiffany blue and maybe a really pretty yellow to add some pops of color! I might even stencil them. The door and frame also need to be painted and something needs to be done about those steps! But not today!