Ok, so I haven’t been blogging a lot lately, but I have a good reason! Actually several, but the biggest is that I’ve been really busy. So I just thought I’d give you an update on what I’ve been working on. This really is a praise report!
- My daughter Emily has been having lots of issues lately with her illness. Part of it is due to her playing volleyball again and that is hard on her body. But she loves volleyball! She also has had to have blood work done and we found out her ferritin level (iron) was extremely low. But thankfully this hopefully can be fixed with taking vitamins!
- My other daughter Becca has been having major shoulder issues due to an injury from two years ago. We thought she tore her labrum and possibly her rotator cuff. But the MRI showed no tear! She will need physical therapy but that is way better than surgery.
- Becca and I are also coaching Emily’s JV volleyball team. It started out as a major challenge, but it has really become a lot of fun. It’s a lot of work, but I’m so excited watching these girls grow every week. It’s also been really neat working with my oldest in such a new way. I’m also proud of her for growing as a coach. I’m also proud of watching Emily become a leader on the court. It’s a new way of looking at each of us, it takes some doing but so far it’s working.
- Our church is also going through major changes. It is a new season.
- My marriage is doing so much better. Did I tell you that it has been a rocky two years? I am now so totally happy with him that I can’t even begin to tell you. I think he’s happier with me too!
- The support group that I wanted to start for homeschool parents that have a chronic illness or homeschooling a child with a chronic illness is starting to take shape. More about that as soon as it’s launched.
- Emily is making really great friends. Actually she’s known these girls for awhile, but due to circumstances (church, etc.) she is getting those olds friends back. We just had to be patient and keep praying and now she is benefiting from being patient. Old friends are moving back home and the blessings just keep coming in the friendship department.
I could continue the list, but it would be long. The shorter version is that our life has been in major upheaval for two years. It has been so hurtful, painful, stressful etc. But we have been patient, ok somewhat patient! Things look like they are finally falling into place for our family again. And I am so thankful! Hopefully I can get back to blogging regularly again. I have a ton of ideas!