“This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.”
Who’s ready to curl up on the couch and watch some scary Halloween movies? It’s finally that time of year? And after the year we’ve had, it’s time for some fun. I can’t think of too many scarier things than a pandemic. So bring on the cool weather, boots, and spooky movies.
I love watching the 31 Days of Halloween on TV, and most of those movies are total classics that we’ll watch every year. But there are a ton of movies that are kinda scary that I really like to watch, or at least try to watch every year. I’m not into horror at all, suspense, thriller, and some good jump scares are about all I can do. I used to be able to watch horror movies as a teenager, but not anymore. I wonder what happened?
I’ve put together a list of movies that range from classics to modern and yes, I love to watch some meant for kids. What can I say, they are some of the best! As I watch new movies or ones I’ve not seen yet, or just forgotten about, I’ll be updating this list. So be sure to check back!
In order to make the cut and be on this list, it has to meet the following qualifications:
- The movies must be about or centered around Halloween
- The ones that aren’t completely about Halloween must be suspenseful or at least a thriller
- They are not gory horror
- Must not give me nightmares for days on end
That’s it! So, here is my list. I hope you enjoy watching these too. It’s time to curl up on the couch in your comfy pajamas, pop some popcorn, wrap up in a blanket and snuggle up with your family when you get a little scared.
My Favorite Halloween Movies That Aren’t Too Scary:
- Ghostbusters 1 & 2
- The Others
- Halloweentown 1 & 2 , 3 & 4
- Hocus Pocus
- Tower of Terror
- The Little Vampire
- The Wicker Man
- Hotel Transylvania
- It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
- The Addams Family & Addam’s Family Values
- Twitches and Twitches Too
- Mom’s Got a Date with a Vampire
- The Haunted Mansion
- Sleepy Hollow
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
- Practical Magic
- Red Riding Hood
- The Lost Boys
- Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters
- Arsenic and Old Lace
- Ghost Story
- The Mummy Classic and Brendon Fraiser’s The Mummy Trilogy
- Harry Potter (The Whole Series)
- Boo! A Madea Halloween
- Phantom of the Megaplex
- Young Frankenstein
- Death Becomes Her
- The Fog (My one real super scary one and I prefer the classic
- Zombieland and Zombieland Double Tap (ok so they’re not Halloween, but there are lots of zombies)
- The Stepford Wives
- Warm Bodies (Who says Halloween can’t be romantic?)
- War of the Worlds
I told you these weren’t too scary! Most of these you can watch with your family, especially if you have teens and up. So what are your favorite Halloween movies?
If you would like a free printable of My Favorite Halloween Movies that you can use to check off what you’ve watched, just click the button.
Leave a Reply