Today is going to be another one of those crazy days! Life is never sane when your kids play sports. And now we’ve added in for my senior: juggling school, work and sports. So things need to be simple, really simple. Here’s two things I’m doing today to make mealtime easier.
- Chili-O seasoning packet. (Don’t have time today to figure out all the spices and this is really yummy anyway)
- 1 pound hamburger
- Pre-shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can of tomato sauce and 1 can of pinto bean (substitute any beans you like)
- Sour Cream or what ever toppings you like
Simple and yummy! I’ll post a pic later! Hamburger can defrost will I teach and it will only take about 10 minutes of prep and 15 minutes or so of cooking.
Homemade Baked Spaghetti
- Make sauce ahead over lunch break from school (or use canned if you like)
- Cook pasta and drain
- Put sauce and pasta in a baking dish and put in the fridge
- Shredded 4 cheese Italian cheese (keep in fridge till we get home)
- Make salad and put in fridge (could have bought a pre-made one, but lettuce was really cheap today and I have some veggies on hand to throw in!)
- Use sandwich bread for toast
All I have to do when I get home from the game tonight will be to put some shredded cheese on the spaghetti and put it in the oven and take out the salad. All done and it kept us from eating out again. Yummy!
Marsha Cooper says
I like this post. I know busy away from home, although it’s not with sports.